Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities
Commercial Emergency Services
Hospital and Medical Industry Facility Administrators, Facility Services Managers and Maintenance Directors must maintain operational standards, maintain the safety and functionality of your facility, equipment, and machinery. You must also follow all regulatory standards, ensuring you are providing a safe and healthy experience for staff, patients, and visitors. Our Commercial Services Team provides both emergency and non-emergency restoration services to our Hospital and Medical Industry clients. Using industry-leading technologies, Showcase Restoration is ready to help you resolve emergency issues, minimize costs and risks, ensure patient safety, protect your facility and property, and get back to normal business as quickly as possible.
Fires, indoor flooding, burst pipes, and other unexpected emergencies can happen quickly without warning causing serious damage to multiple rooms or units. Routine daily operations are disrupted, and patients, staff, and visitors are impacted. Decisions must be made quickly to minimize loss. We know that every minute counts after an incident. The faster we can respond, the more likely we will be able to prevent additional damage to your facility, equipment, and other contents. Our Emergency Response Team is on call 24 hours a day. With one call to 910-864-0911, our team will be dispatched to your location. We are typically on site ready to begin mitigation within 2 hours, beginning the process to restore your facility to pre-loss condition. We provide the following Commercial Emergency Services:
- BoardUp and TarpUp Services to secure your property
- Fire & Smoke Damage Response – Initial Assessment
- Water & Flood Damage Response – Initial Assessment
- Storm & Disaster Damage Response – Initial Assessment
- Biohazard Mitigation – Initial Assessment/Response
- Dehumidification, Building Stabilization and Drying
Our team works with your staff, to design and install containment barriers, perform sensitive demolition and remediation, maintain air quality, control the area, meet regulatory standards, minimize interruption to patients, and maintain visitor safety. If your property has experienced damage, call our Emergency Response Team today at 910-864-0911 to get started on the process of getting your facility back to normal operations as quickly as possible.
Commercial Non-Emergency Services
Our Hospital and Medical Facility clients also rely on our Commercial Services Team for non-emergency situations. We realize that any service we provide can impact your staff, patients, and visitor’s experience, so we focus on minimizing patient inconvenience and work diligently to return public areas and individual units to optimum condition as quickly and safely as possible. Many facilities have been operating at reduced occupancy or with reduced staffing due to the pandemic. These conditions can provide an optimal environment for mold growth. Showcase Restoration can provide free inspection and assessment services as part of our Emergency Response Planning service to ensure safe and smooth reopening if required. Call us to schedule our commercial services team today for routine scheduled services listed below:
- Individual room or unit turnover services
- Covid-19 Cleaning and Sanitation
- Mold Removal, Deodorization, Abatement
- Smoke and Odor Removal Services
- Remodeling and Renovations
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Emergency Response Planning
Infection Prevention & Disinfection
We work with your staff, facilities teams, infection prevention teams, and environmental health and safety teams. We will strategically plan and execute your project to meet all regulatory standards, minimize interruptions to patient activities, and maintain staff and visitor safety. We will design and install containment barriers, perform demolition and remediation services, and maintain air quality and control of the area while drying affected materials.
Our Commercial Services Team is certified, trained, and equipped to respond to a wide range of situations involving biological or chemical emergencies that can be dangerous to people and our environment. These include healthcare-associated infections, pathogen outbreaks, hazardous waste, chemical spills, and other hazards.
Showcase Restoration’s COVID-19 disinfection services are part of our complete portfolio of Infection Control and Disinfecting service offerings. As the Eastern North Carolina member of the Tomi Service Network, Showcase Restoration’s team of certified experts uses a decontaminant that is effective against pathogens and will not harm sensitive laboratory equipment or electronics. Tomi SteraMist™, EPA approved and powered by Binary Ionization Technology (BIT), offers superior material compatibility, and boasts 99.9999% efficacy and can eliminate all contamination challenges within critical environments faster than any competitive product on the market and without the production of byproducts. Contact us today to schedule a routine service or for emergency response to a SARS-Co-V-2 (Covid-19) or another viral outbreak. Serving healthcare, pharmaceutical, and laboratory and commercial industries, we help you meet regulatory standards and ensure uninterrupted patient, staff, and visitor safety. Our team can get your facility open quickly and safely.
- SteraMist™ Technology
- Infection Control Risk Assessment (IRCA) compliance
- Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
- Healthcare-associated infection prevention
- Air and surface disinfection
- HEPA air scrubbing and negative air pressurization
- Indoor air quality and particulate control
- Mold and environmental remediation
- No-wipe formula
- No-rinse formula
- Developed by DARPA
- Safe on sensitive equipment, including electronics
Hospitals work with professional organizations, quality control experts and accreditation organizations to provide the safest facility for patients and visitors. Still, simply because of the configuration of your property, water damage occurs frequently. Most water damage incidents, no matter how minor, should be taken care of as soon as possible. Unchecked water damage creates additional expenses for your facility. Moisture and humidity promote structural damage, wood rot, peeling paint, and mold. Unrepaired leaks can damage ceilings, floors, walls, furniture, electronics, personal possessions of patients, and create safety hazards. These issues can reduce occupancy, damage a facility’s reputation, and interrupt regular operations. But the issues with your facility’s infrastructure and contents are secondary to the health and safety issues that accompany indoor flooding. Floodwater is highly unsanitary. Exposure causes harmful effects such as skin irritation, respiratory issues, and gastrointestinal disorders. Mold begins to develop within 24-48 hours after water damage occurs. Mold spores affect indoor air quality and release toxins, which can cause additional health issues such as allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and other respiratory illnesses. Often the most susceptible are the elderly and people with pre-existing illnesses.
Showcase Restoration’s Commercial Services Team follows industry best practices to address water damage. We use dehumidification and heat technologies to effectively dry impacted areas and materials as quickly as possible. These processes minimize the amount of wet materials that require removal, helping to reduce the duration and cost of the project. For contaminated water, such as sewage backups or floodwaters, our technicians focus on containment, negative air pressure, removal, and decontamination to keep patients, staff, and visitors safe. Following water extraction and drying, Showcase Restoration’s Commercial Services Team will disinfect all affected contents and structural components and perform mold inspection. If mold is found, we will contain and remediate it immediately prior to undertaking structural repairs. Once the water damage restoration process is complete and your property is fully dry, we will begin work on your structure.
Our Contents Restoration Team will inventory, document, pack out, and remove damaged contents to our Advance Processing Center. Many items believed to be unsalvageable such as fabrics, furniture, and priceless documents and photos can be restored to pre-loss condition. Once the contents are removed, we will begin structural repairs and restoration of your building. Upon completion, our Contents Restoration Team will return to your facility to unpack the restored items. If items cannot be restored, we will document the damage for your insurance company so they can be replaced.
Common Causes of Water Damage in Hospitals and Medical Facilities
- Burst Pipes and Faulty Plumbing Systems
- Broken or damaged Sprinkler Systems
- Basement/Crawl Space Moisture
- Sewage Backup
Our Commercial Services Team is certified and trained in all aspects of water damage repair. We provide:
- Board-Up and Tarping– If water damage is caused by exposure to rain, flood, or other event, we will respond within 2 hours and protect it from further damage.
- Source Identification – Our commercial services experts will use moisture detecting equipment to identify the full extent of damages.
- Building Stabilization – We will immediately implement controls following ICRA standards to stabilize your facility. This includes containment to isolate wet or impacted areas along with negative air machines to control airflow.
- Dry-Out and Dehumidification Services: Our water mitigation team will perform an ICRA assessment and follow all healthcare standards to sanitize and prevent cross-contamination in affected areas. They will extract the water, and dry-out and dehumidify the affected area to prevent further damage, structural issues, or mold growth.
- Sanitization and Disinfection Services: Our ICRA certified team will sanitize and disinfect impacted areas to ensure mold and bacteria has been mitigated.
- Mold Removal: Mold is common following water damage. Our certified Mold Remediation experts will remove, remediate, and repair affected areas prior to repairing or restoring your building.
- Contents Restoration: Our industry certified team will inventory, pack, & transport your furniture, electronics, documents, critical equipment, and other belongings to our Advanced Contents Processing Center where they will clean, restore, deodorize, and store your items until restoration work on your facility is complete. Unsalvageable items will be documented for your insurance company.
- Building Repair: Our team will complete the project by repairing or replacing damaged property and contents to restore them to pre-loss condition.
Showcase Restoration is known for prompt response, exceptional customer service, and expert remediation and restoration services. Reach out to our Commercial Services Team at 910-864-0911 or email [email protected] to schedule an Emergency Response Plan assessment and no-cost inspection of your Hospital or Medical Facility today and make sure your property is protected.
Bio-Hazard Mitigation & Mold Remediation
Mold is one of the most troublesome environmental hazards causing problems for any facility manager. Not only does mold put your patients, staff, and visitors at risk, but it requires a significant investment of time and money to mitigate if not addressed quickly. Water leaks and intrusions can go from a relatively quick and simple moisture mitigation job to a costly mold and moisture remediation project in less than 48 hours. Response time is critical when mold and moisture problems occur. Trust our team of certified professionals to begin mold removal and remediation as soon as the mold is identified. We will take the necessary steps to address any mold issues. Mold services include:
- Mold inspection and identification
- Mold containment
- Mold removal and remediation
- Removal of airborne mold spores
- Cleaning and sanitizing the affected areas
- Final mold inspection with a post-mold removal air sampling to ensure a successful mold remediation job